Rule and Regulation - Tattvaa Yogashala Rishikesh, India
Welcome to Tattvaa Yogashala! We are very excited to share in this special time of dedicating yourself to your practice.
Our aim is to create an environment in which you can focus on your yoga practice with full dedication and peace of mind.
In order to ensure that everyone gains the most from this experience, we would like to request your cooperation so that you and your classmates can be fully present during class time. Please read through these guidelines to follow during your stay here :)
In order to ensure that everyone gains the most from this experience, we would like to request your cooperation so that you and your classmates can be fully present during class time. Please read through these guidelines to
follow during your stay here :)
1. Attendance: 100% attendance is necessary to receive your certification. Students are not permitted to miss classes except for severe illness. If you feel well enough, to still come to class, and sit in the back of the room so you do not miss important information for the final exam.
2. Punctuality: Classes start on time, and all students must be in the shala on their mats by the start of class. Arriving few minutes earlier and sitting in silence is recommended so that you may be fully present for the teacher.
3. Class disruption: Please respect your teachers and classmates and do not hold side conversations or otherwise disrupt class whilst the teacher is instructing.
4. Prohibited Items: Smoking, alcohol, drugs, meat, fish and eggs are not allowed. In order to fully experience the benefits of the vegetarian diet we request that you do not bring or consume any animal products from outside whilst staying here. The use of mobile phones is only permitted in areas outside of class times. Photography, video, audio recording during classes and ceremonies is only possible with the permission of the director.
5. Cleanliness: During the course you will be taking part in dynamic classes, and you will be working closely with other bodies to practice teaching and adjustments. Please kindly consider the teachers and classmates and shower before asana, adjustments and workshops. Please do not use strong perfume or deodorant.
6. Evening Silence: Please observe mauna (silence) in your residence after evening meditation.
7. Illness: For many students it is their first time in India and you may experience a period of adjustment to the local food. We recommend that when possible you don’t take food from outside - the food prepared in our kitchen is fresh, hygienic and delicious! In the case of illness please inform a staff member so that we can ensure you are looked after and receive any necessary medical treatment. Any medical treatment expenses is not included in the course fees.
8. Brunch/Dinner: Brunch/Dinner is provided for students at 10:30am and 6:30pm. If you are unable to attend either, please let us know the night before by 8:00 pm to avoid wasting food. Please arrive on time to meals.
9. Personal Belongings: We do not accept responsibility for students’ personal belongings. Keep your belongings in a safe place and lock your room everytime you are outside.
10. Rooms: Please turn off lights, fans and hot water machine, when you are not in your room.
11. Roommates: In order to maintain a focussed environment, if you are in a single room please note it is not permitted to invite others to stay in your room, either coursemates or from outside the course.
12. Student: teacher relationships Please respect the student teacher relationship - flirting is not permitted with any Tattvaa Yogashala teachers or staff.
13. Extra: curricular activities It is strictly prohibited to attend other courses/classes/healing sessions whilst you are on the course. Please also refrain from offering services, for example massage or healing sessions, to your fellow students so that you may focus on the course.
14. We might shoot: some photos and videos during the course for promotional and marketing purposes. We wish students would be okay with that and cooperate. If you mind taking your photos please refer to the admin in charge.
15. Course Payment: students are required to pay the remaining balance of their course fee before beginning of the course.
16. Tuition Fee: Your tuition fee includes the course fees, accommodation, two meals per day, one snack per day with chai, and any excursions or activities set on the itinerary. The first meal follows the opening orientation meeting, and the final meal is breakfast on the last day of the course. There is no food provided on rest days. For more detailed information please refer to our course description page. Your tuition fee does not include other expenses such as meals outside, transportation, or any other miscellaneous expenses. No part of the package price is refundable due to non-participation.
17. Refunds: Please note that we do not give refunds except in the following cases, so please ensure you have insurance in place in case of unforeseen circumstances.
a. If student,for any reason, decides to drop the course during the first two days, he/she can get a partial refund. Deposit paid is non refundable.
b. If studentfinishes the first 100hr and had to leave, payment will be held on credit for 12 months to come back and finish the course, he/she will get a certificate of 100hr of attendance. No refund is granted.
If you have any concerns at any time during the course please let us know as soon as possible - we are here to help but we can’t read your mind! Please indicate your agreement to follow these guidelines during the course by signing and dating the relevant page.