Welcome to Tattvaa Yogashala! We are very excited to share in this special time of dedicating yourself to
your practice. Our aim is to create an environment in which you can focus on your yoga practice with
full dedication and peace of mind.
In order to ensure that everyone gains the most from this experience, we would like to request your cooperation so that you and your classmates can be fully present during class time. Please read through these guidelines to follow during your stay here :)
1. Attendance: 100% attendance is necessary to receive your certification. Students are not permitted to miss classes except for severe illness. If you feel well enough, to still come to class, and sit in the back of the room so you do not miss important information for the final exam.
2. Punctuality: Classes start on time, and all students must be in the shala on their mats by the start of class. Arriving few minutes earlier and sitting in silence is recommended so that you may be fully present for the teacher.
3. Class disruption: Please respect your teachers and classmates and do not hold side conversations or otherwise disrupt class whilst the teacher is instructing.
4. Prohibited Items: Smoking, alcohol, drugs, meat, fish and eggs are not allowed. In order to fully experience the benefits of the vegetarian diet we request that you do not bring or consume any animal products from outside whilst staying here. The use of mobile phones is only permitted in areas outside of class times. Photography, video, audio recording during classes and ceremonies is only possible with the permission of the director.
5. Cleanliness: During the course you will be taking part in dynamic classes, and you will be working closely with other bodies to practice teaching and adjustments. Please kindly consider the teachers and classmates and shower before asana, adjustments and workshops. Please do not use strong perfume or deodorant.
6. Evening Silence: Please observe mauna (silence) in your residence after evening meditation.
7. Illness For many students it is their first time in India and you may experience a period of adjustment to the local food. We recommend that when possible you don’t take food from outside - the food prepared in our kitchen is fresh, hygienic and delicious! In the case of illness please inform a staff member so that we can ensure you are looked after and receive any necessary medical treatment. Any medical treatment expenses is not included in the course fees.
8. Brunch/Dinner: Brunch/Dinner is provided for students at 10:30am and 6:30pm. If you are unable to attend either, please let us know the night before by 8:00 pm to avoid wasting food. Please arrive on time to meals.
9. Personal Belongings: We do not accept responsibility for students’ personal belongings. Keep your belongings in a safe place and lock your room everytime you are outside.
10. Rooms: Please turn off lights, fans and hot water machine, when you are not in your room.
11. Roommates: In order to maintain a focussed environment, if you are in a single room please note it is not permitted to invite others to stay in your room, either coursemates or from outside the course.
12. Student teacher relationships Please respect the student teacher relationship - flirting is not permitted with any Tattvaa Yogashala teachers or staff.
13. Extra curricular activities It is strictly prohibited to attend other courses/classes/healing sessions whilst you are on the course. Please also refrain from offering services, for example massage or healing sessions, to your fellow students so that you may focus on the course.
14. We might shoot some photos and videos during the course for promotional and marketing purposes. We wish students would be okay with that and cooperate. If you mind taking your photos please refer to the admin in charge.
15. Course Payment: students are required to pay the remaining balance of their course fee before beginning of the course.
16. Tuition Fee: Your tuition fee includes the course fees, accommodation, two meals per day, one snack per day with chai, and any excursions or activities set on the itinerary. The first meal follows the opening orientation meeting, and the final meal is breakfast on the last day of the course. There is no food provided on rest days. For more detailed information please refer to our course description page. Your tuition fee does not include other expenses such as meals outside, transportation, or any other miscellaneous expenses. No part of the package price is refundable due to non-participation.
17. Refunds: Please note that we do not give refunds except in the following cases, so please ensure you have insurance in place in case of unforeseen circumstances.
a. If student, for any reason, decides to drop the course during the first two days, he/she can get a partial refund. Deposit paid is non refundable.
b. If student finishes the first 100hr and had to leave, payment will be held on credit for 12 months to come back and finish the course, he/she will get a certificate of 100hr of attendance. No refund is granted.
If you have any concerns at any time during the course please let us know as soon as possible - we are here to help but we can’t read your mind! Please indicate your agreement to follow these guidelines during the course by signing and dating the relevant page.
Prior experience and knowledge of Yoga is recommended for 200 Hour Yoga Training Courses. This course is open for practitioners of all levels. As the course is demanding, the applicant should be in good physical condition. What is most important is that the applicant arrives with an open mind and the eagerness to learn. The student should be able to dedicate themselves completely to the course while at Tattvaa Yogashala. The teacher trainin program is very demanding with at least 9 hours daily and 100% attendance is mandatory. Participants must follow the schedule and attend all classes, sessions, and activities. As Rishikesh is a holy city, all the food in the city is Vegetarian. Though the students do not have to maintain a vegetarian diet at home, to experience the full and positive benefits of the Yoga lifestyle please do not bring meat from the outside to consume. Alcohol and recreational drugs are also not available and are restricted in Rishikesh. Please do not bring from the outside in order to experience fully the benefits of Yoga. The applicant should also have a basic English language understanding as the course is conducted in English and the student will be required to speak English. Spaces in the program are based on eligibility and are given upon first come first serve basis.
All accommodation during the time of the course is provided by Tattvaa Yogashala and is included in your course fees. Students live together at the Jivan Building residence in Ram Jhula, Swarg Ashram area. We have various locations for practice space and where classes are held. These include our Shala space in Jivan Building, our Shala space next door, and at our Yoga Shala on the banks of the Ganges. Students will be a five minutes walk from all their classes through the lively streets of Rishikesh villages. Jivan Building is located in a peaceful part of Rishikesh and is surrounded by gardens, ayurvedic cafes, and little shops. It is a short walk down to the banks of the holy Ganges river where students can go to relax, explore, drink chai, and watch the sunset. Our Yoga Shala spaces overlook both the scenic Himalayas and the Ganges river.
During the yoga teacher training course all students are provided single room accommodation with attached bath at Jivan Building or nearby places with similar facilities. The rooms include two twin beds, one full bathroom with hot water and shower facilities, and a balcony. Bedding is provided and towels are available upon request. Laundry facilities are not included but students are able to wash their own clothes and laundry services can be arranged and inquired about at reception. Wifi is available! Students are ensured a comfortable space in their rooms to relax and rest during the course, but will be spending most of their time in the shala! The rooftop and shala have a 360 degree view of the Himalayas and Ganges and provide a beautiful space for students enjoy.
Two full meals and one snack with tea is included in your course fees. The food Tattvaa Yogashala provides is all delicious homemade traditional Indian food, prepared fresh daily in our kitchen. All the ingredients are high quality and are sourced locally and fresh from the markets. Brunch begins around 10:30 am and includes fresh local fruits, like papaya, mango, pineapple, apple, and lots of bananas. Brunch also offers porridge, homemade bread and toast, homemade nuts butters, muesli, yogurt, fresh honey ginger lemon tea, and more. Dinner begins around 6:30pm and offers a wide array of Indian options with the occasional Western touch for a taste of home. Our dinner menu always changes to keep it interesting, but often includes favourites like lentils, dal, chickpeas, chapati and naan bread, a vegetable dish, tofu, salad, soup, rice, and a tasty dessert. In order for you to have the full yogic experience all of our meals are designed to keep the body light but strong and nourished during your training. Please let us know if you are dairy free so we can ensure a vegan option for each dish.
On your day off there are many local cafes, shops and restaurants to enjoy. Traditional masala chai tea and herbal teas are available everywhere. There are many friendly animals and locals on the streets, which makes every walk through town interesting and enjoyable! Little shops with nice inexpensive Indian clothes and tailors, books in many languages, ayurvedic products and traditional items line the streets, so don`t bring too much in your backpack! Everything you may need is in short walking distance. Rishikesh has a vibrant Indian culture and deep spiritual tradition that makes it a wonderful community and environment in which to enjoy your yoga journey.
When you are ready to register for any of the courses or programs at Tattvaa Yogashala, please submit the Application / Registration Form online or feel free to contact us so we can further assist your with your registration. We will send you confirmation of your registration within three weeks after receiving your required forms and documents. After we have confirmed your place and registration in the course, you need to pay US$ 200 as non-refundable deposit which is part of the course fee. You will be asked to pay the remaining balance upon arrival in Rishikesh or before arriving. After you have sent your deposit, please email us a copy of the receipt or proof of deposit so we can complete your registration. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis. Tattvaa Yogashala maintains the right to accept or reject any application without providing an explanation.
India requires that all foreigners obtain a Visa prior to arrival in India. Please be sure to give yourself ample time to arrange an Indian Tourist Visa through an Indian Consulate or Visa Services Company before leaving your home country and traveling to India. Also please arrange proper travel insurance and any other requirements you may have (i.e. bank arrangements, healthcare) before traveling.
You are welcome to bring your laptop, cameras, phones, tablets, or other electronics to use during your stay in India. Please choose to leave your valuables (such as jewellery) at home. If it is necessary to bring your valuables, please be sure you are able to keep them safely. Rishikesh is a safe city and Tattvaa Yogashala maintains your safety as a priority, however, theft happens everywhere and we cannot be responsible for any items of value that go missing..
Upon your arrival in Rishikesh please make your way to Tattvaa Yogashala to meet us!
An Orientation Meeting is held on the first day of the course at 3 pm. This meeting will introduce the students to the teachers, give the students the opportunity to meet one another and to familiarise themselves with the space and course facilities. Also covered during the orientation meeting is schedule for the course, overview of course material, information on location of classes, and the opportunity to ask questions about the course and Rishikesh. It is mandatory that students attend the Orientation Meeting. You are welcome to arrive early in Rishikesh to either familiarise yourself with this beautiful city or to jumpstart your training course by practicing with us before your course begins. Please note that all accommodation and classes prior to the start date of your course are not included in the course fee and should be payed and arranged separately.
- A recent passport size photo of you is required.
- A copy or scan (in colour) or a clear photo of your valid Passport, with all details clearly legible.
Also please remember that you are required to obtain an Indian Tourist Visa before arrival in India.
If you have any questions about our Yoga Teacher Training course, related to registration, payment, visas, or any other query, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. We will be more than happy to assist you further.